Frequently Asked Questions
Dear valued Marathon Music Works patrons,
The safety of artists, guests, and employees is our top priority. While health & safety procedures are followed on a daily basis, we will enforce the following to be sure everyone stays healthy as we bring back live events:
- Socially distanced seating
- Masks required unless actively eating/drinking
- Temperature checks upon entry
- Sanitation procedures throughout
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Closely monitoring daily updates & recommendations from local and federal authorities.
- Ticket sales and attendance will not exceed the mandated amount dictated by the Metro Health Department and City Council
- Strongly encouraging staff, guests, artists, and crews to keep their hands to themselves and to remain socially distant
- Performing artist will be a minimum of 15 feet from guests
- Masks are required to enter & must remain on except when actively eating or drinking
- Event end time will comply with guidelines set by Metro Health Department and City Council
- Touchless sanitization stations installed around the venue located near entrance, exit and restrooms.
- In addition to our standard nightly cleaning procedures, we are sanitizing all door handles, surfaces, bars, etc. before, during & after every show/event.
- Educational signs placed in all bathrooms with hand washing instructions to remind you all how to properly wash your hands.
- On that note, we’ve retrained our entire staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds each time and taking frequent hand washing and dance breaks
- All guests must remain in their designated area during the concert unless leaving to use the restroom or go to the bar
- All staff, guests, artists, and crew will be temperature checked upon entry. Entry is not permitted if temperature is 100.4 or higher.
- All staff, artists, and crew are required to wear masks from load in to load out, with the exception of artists on stage during performance
- Nitrile gloves are being worn and changed frequently by all appropriate staff during their shift
- Employees must stay home if they experience fever or any symptoms and get tested before returning to work
- Strongly encouraging guests to use credit cards vs. cash
- Education about COVID19 and the risk of transmission will be communicated to all patrons prior to showtime, encouraging high risk fans to consider not attending.
At this time, unless otherwise notified, all concerts and events will proceed as scheduled. However, in the case of a cancelled or rescheduled show, ticket buyers will be notified via email regarding postponement and/or refunding of tickets.
We strongly recommend that every patron follow the preventative guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed on the CDC.gov website, please be courteous of others & stay home.
WE ARE A NON-PROFIT LOOKING TO HOST OUR EVENT AT MMW. ARE YOU OFFERING DISCOUNTS?
We strive to help non-profits in the Nashville community. Each quarter, Marathon Music Works will choose a 501c3 for a discounted rate. For an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE IS THE VENUE LOCATED?
Marathon Music Works is located at 1402 Clinton St Nashville, TN 37203.
I WANT TO RENT MARATHON FOR AN EVENT. IS THAT POSSIBLE?
HOW CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS FOR A SHOW?
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
All sales are final. Absolutely no refunds – no exceptions. Lineups and times are subject to change.
If a show is cancelled or postponed there will be specific instructions given to receive a refund. If a show is SOLD OUT, you may be able sell your ticket back via Lyte – through the official fan ticket exchange.
CAN I BUY TICKETS AT THE SHOW?
If the show hasn’t sold out, you can purchase tickets at the box office starting one hour before the doors and during the show.
I AM DISABLED OR UNABLE TO STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. CAN I STILL ENJOY A SHOW?
Absolutely! We have a dedicated ADA section near the front of the stage where anyone (and a guest) physically needing to sit during a show is welcome. Just let our friendly staff know once you arrive that you need to be seated in this section and they will be happy to direct you!
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO ATTEND SHOWS?
Most of our shows are all ages, but age requirements may differ from show to show. Please refer to the specific show’s ticket page for more information.
SO, MY CHILD CAN ATTEND A SHOW WITHOUT ME?
Yes, as long as the show is all ages, anyone with a ticket can attend a show. The decision to allow a minor to attend a show or event is determined by a parent or legal guardian.
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO THE VENUE?
We want everyone to have a great time, but there are some thing you simply can’t bring to a show or event. Here is the list of restricted items:
No Weapons of any kind. This includes knives, canons, muskets, throwing stars, long wallet chains, lead pipes, and anything else that might hurt somebody. If you aren’t sure, don’t bring it in.
No Smoking (this includes vaping) *We have a deck for smokers and non-smokers alike
No Outside Food or Beverage
No Illegal Drugs
No Selfie Sticks
No Hula Hoops
No Glow Sticks
No Umbrellas (If it rains, you can leave your umbrellas by the front door)
No Bad Attitudes
DO YOU HAVE A DRESS CODE?Sure do, we’re required to follow THESE RULES by the TABC and Beer Boards. We also have a costume policy:
- All customers must be identifiable upon entry. Security staff must be able to easily match your appearance to your ID photo
- Masks and face paint are allowed ONLY if security staff can easily match your appearance to your ID photo
- MMW reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who cannot be easily identified or dressed in a manner deemed offensive or inappropriate
- No props (ie handheld items such as staffs or plastic weapons)
- All standard venue policies will apply including no spiked jewelry, chains, whips or weapons. Real or costume
- Shoes must be on your feet at all times
- Everyone has to wear a shirt
- Clothing cannot be mesh, transparent, or see-through
- No overexposure or indecency (No exposed areolas, side boob, underboob, butt cheeks, groin or “triangular vortex”)
- No gang signs, hate speech or violence
- All outfits must be in accordance with TN Blue Laws and TABC Laws. Being unaware of the law does not exempt any persons from the law
- No loose glitter
- No face masks, face paint or other identity altering items
- If your mama would be ashamed to see you in it, don’t wear it
DO I NEED ID TO ENTER THE VENUE?
For all ages, you will not need an ID to enter the venue. If the show has an age requirement (18+ or 21+) you will need a valid, unexpired, government issued photo ID.
DO I NEED AN ID TO GET A DRINK FROM THE BAR?
During all shows you will be ID’d at the door upon entry, given a stamp if you are 21+ and an “X” on each hand if you are under the age of twenty one. With the stamp you can purchase an alcoholic drink at any bar. Without a valid, unexpired, government issued photo ID you will not be allowed to drink. No matter how old you think you look! Anyone without an ID of the above requirements will be treated as under 21 and not allowed to purchase, hold or drink alcohol within Marathon Music Works. This policy is strictly enforced and any violation will result in immediate ejection from the venue. Underage drinkers get their momma’s called.
ARE YOUR SHOWS SEATED?
Typically most shows are General Admission and standing room only but check the show details on our site to be sure. A seated show will be clearly noted. On every show, bar stools and cocktail tables are available in the back of the room on a first-come, first-serve basis. We also have an ADA viewing area near the stage for anyone physically needing to sit during the show. If you need to be seated in the ADA section just let our friendly staff know when you arrive and they will direct you to your seat.
WHAT TIME DOES THE BAND START?
The time listed on your ticket and on the purchase page of the website is the door time, not the show time. Set times vary and typically are not announced till the day of the show and can change without notice.
WHAT’S THE EARLIEST I CAN GET IN FOR A SHOW?
First, check the door time on your ticket. That’s when we open the main room. But, if you want to get in earlier we open our Vestibule (located at the front entrance) an hour BEFORE doors. You must have a ticket to enter and you can quickly get into the main room from there once the main doors open. (Pro Tip: We offer 2×1 Draft Beers during this hour!) If you’re looking to grab a cocktail before the doors open or even during or after the show be sure to check out William Collier’s, our craft cocktail bar. No ticket necessary for entry however to check into the show you’ll need to go to the front entrance.
I WANT TO BE IN THE VERY FRONT SO WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
You can come to our Vestibule (the front entrance) an hour before doors to hop in line or you may line up at the front doors outside. In both cases the main room opens at the listed time. Keep in mind no matter how early you line up there may already be people ahead of you, no particular spots guaranteed.
CAN I LEAVE AND COME BACK IN LATER?
No. We have a strict no re-entry policy.No. We have a strict no re-entry policy.
DOES MARATHON OFFER FOOD?Yes! Daddy’s Dogs is located inside the main room and it’s freakin awesome: Here is proof.PS – any dog can be a veggie dog!
HOW ABOUT DRINKS?
The main room has three bars, two on the main floor and one in the Luxe Loft. Additionally, there is the bar in the Vestibule at the front entrance and William Collier’s craft cocktail bar which is 21+ to enter.
I FORGOT MY CREDIT CARD AND DON’T HAVE ANY CASH!
Don’t worry. We have an ATM in the venue.
CAN I SMOKE IN THE CLUB?
No. We do not allow smoking of any kind in the building. We have a back deck available for those who want to smoke or vape.
WHAT ABOUT PARKING?
With our shows and events, we suggest using taxis or a ride-share service like Uber or Lyft. If you choose to drive, there is street parking available and some privately owned paid lots nearby. These lots are not owned by Marathon Music Works and towing is strictly enforced. We suggest leaving your personal items in your car. Oh, and if you’ve had a big night and need a ride home, we’re happy to help you out.
CAN I BRING GLOW STICKS TO A SHOW?
We want you to have fun, but we don’t allow glow sticks. Here is a list of other items we don’t allow: knives, guns, umbrellas, selfie sticks, gopro sticks, hula hoops, mace, outside food and drinks, or illegal drugs.
WHAT ARE YOUR POLICIES REGARDING PHOTO/VIDEO/AUDIO?
Recording policies are at the band’s discretion and change from night-to-night. Only those with approved photo and video passes can bring professional equipment (cameras with detachable lenses) to a show.
Here at Marathon Music Works, we’ve organized a House Photography Program where local photographers can choose the shows they want to shoot (on a first come, first serve basis), bring a friend along with them to the show and also receive photo credit when their photos are used.
Currently, our House Photography Program is full, however, if you are still interested in participating in the program you may submit an application so we can contact you if spots open up. Fill out and submit our House Photography application for Marathon Music Works HERE! If you have other questions about the program feel free to email us HERE.
HOW ARE YOU PREVENTING SEXUAL VIOLENCE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?
HOW LATE ARE YOU OPEN?
Some shows run longer than others, but our bar at William Collier’s stays open until 2am. Sometimes the artists even come out for a drink, so come hang out with us!
CAN YOU SUGGEST A HOTEL?
We’re located just minutes from downtown Nashville, we suggest booking a hotel in the heart of the city so you can take in all that Nashville has to offer!
HOW CAN I STAY UP-TO-DATE ON MARATHON’S SHOWS?
I THINK I LEFT SOMETHING AT YOUR VENUE. WHAT DO I DO?
Contact us during regular business hours at (615) 891-1781 or stop our Box Office on Fridays from 10am-4pm to check if we found your items. We hold all lost and found items in our Box Office for 7 days. After 7 days, we donate all items.
ARE YOU GUYS HIRING?
If you have relevant music industry experience or are a bartender who wants a change of pace, drop us a note on the Contact Page.
I’VE GOT A QUESTION THAT YOUR FAQS DON’T ADDRESS.